Do you know how to make a 300 word blog post sing? A short video interview come to life? A Facebook post engage an audience? A tweet convey meaning beyond 160 characters? Heart and Hand Center is looking for an energetic person – part storyteller, part social media whiz – to fill our media and communications internship position in our Bozeman, MT office. This hands-on experience will give the selected candidate a deeper understanding of what goes in to developing a communications strategy.
We’re looking for a creative, inquisitive, and compassionate individual to help us develop a viral brand and gain an online following. This person should be able to synthesize complex subjects in plain English, stripping away jargon. We prefer college student candidates with communications, graphic design, or journalism backgrounds.
The media and communications intern will assist in:
- Writing blog posts for our website
- Creating brochures and promotional advertisement material for HHC
- Developing a multi-platform social media campaign to increase our viral audience
- Regularly updating social media communications
- Developing resources for internal and external communications.
Media and Communications Internship Basic Qualifications
These are the minimum qualifications you need to be considered for this position:
- Proven sensitivity to mental health related issues and ability to handle confidential information
- Proven ability to develop effective communication products with minimal editing
- Writing, editing and proofreading experience
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Experience in WordPress and website management
Media and Communications Internship Preferred Qualifications:
- Demonstrated desktop publishing or graphic design experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat, Keynote, iMovie and/or After Effects
- Experience on Mac and Windows operating systems
- Photography experience
Application Process for Media and Communications Internship:
Fill out the form below and we’ll send you the application and where to email the following:
- Completed HHC Intern Application Form
- Cover Letter
- Two letters of recommendation
- Optional: examples of your published writing and company social media experience, as well as photography and design samples, if applicable.
- This is an unpaid internship but we are willing to work with you and your college to gain college credit status.
- Time Commitment: 8 hours a week minimum; hours are flexible and may include some telecommuting
- Expected Start Date: September
- Duration: 3 or 6 month commitment