We’re looking for an analytical-minded individual to fill a HHC Bookkeeping Internship. We prefer college student candidates with business, accounting, and finance backgrounds.
The Bookkeeping Internship will be responsible for:
- Creating monthly client invoices in Quickbooks
- Check register input in Quickbooks
- Bank report analysis
- Preparing for tax return
- The Heart and Hand Center is in the process of registering for 501(c)3 non-profit status, the bookkeeping intern will play a significant role in preparing legal budgeting documents for this application.
- General bookkeeping duties as they arise
Bookkeeping Internship Basic Qualifications
- Proven sensitivity to mental health related issues and ability to handle confidential information
- Experience with Quickbooks or other financial management software
- Strong organizational skills and extreme attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
Bookkeeping Internship Application Process:
Submit the following via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Completed HHC Intern Application Form
- Cover Letter
- Two letters of recommendation
- Optional: examples of your published writing and company social media experience, as well as photography and design samples, if applicable.
- This is an unpaid internship but we are willing to work with you and your college to gain college credit status.
- Time Commitment: 8 hours a week minimum; hours are flexible and may include some telecommuting
- Expected Start Date: September 2014
- Duration: 3 to 6 months (flexible with possibility of extension)